The Ultimate Guide to Buying the Best Jiu-Jitsu Gi
Need help finding the best jiu-jitsu gi? This guide has all the answers! Look through reviews, compare materials, and gain insight so you can make a smart purchase today.
Shopping for a jiu-jitsu gi can be an overwhelming experience. But with the right research and guidance, you can find the perfect gi for your needs and skill level. In this guide, we’ll give you all the information you need to make sure you get the best jiu-jitsu gi for your martial arts journey.
What Type of Jiu-Jitsu Gi Should You Buy?
Before you start shopping for a new jiu-jitsu gi, you should first consider what type of gi is best suited for your needs. There are three main types of jiu-jitsu gis: single weaves, double weaves and gold weaves. Single Weave gis are the lightest and least expensive option, whereas Double Weave and Gold Weave gis are heavier and more durable. Depending on your training style and personal preference, you should choose the type that fits your unique needs best.
- Single Weave gis are lighter and cooler for training in, making them an ideal choice for beginners or those who train in warmer climates. These gis will often stretch out after heavy use, however, and may need to be replaced or reinforced more frequently.
- Double Weave gis provide extra durability and protection against super heavy opponents, making them perfect for competitors or those who engage in intense sparring sessions.
- Gold Weave gis offer the best of both worlds; they are heavy enough to provide some protection while still being light and convenient enough for everyday use.
Choosing the right type of jiu-jitsu go can make a huge difference in your overall satisfaction with your purchase so make sure to take your time and consider all of your options before making a decision!
Determine the Right Fit for You and Consider Fabrics.
When choosing your jiu-jitsu gi, it is important to select the right fit. Typically, most gis will come in sizes A1-A4 or B1-B4. Make sure to measure yourself and check the size charts for each brand for accuracy. Additionally, you should consider what type of fabric you would like your gi to be made out of. Many popular brands offer a variety of fabrics such as cotton, polyester blends, and spandex. Each material offers different levels of comfortability, breathability and durability – so decide which qualities are most important to you!
Quality jiu-jitsu gis should also feature reinforced seams in the high stress areas such as the arms and legs so they last longer. When laundering your gi, be sure to wash it separately using cool or lukewarm water. To prevent shrinkage, don’t put it into the dryer – instead hang it up to air dry. By taking these steps and considering fit, fabric, reinforcement and care instructions you can be sure you are buying a quality jiu-jitsu gi that will be comfortable and last for years!
How to properly measure for the best Jiu-Jitsu gi
Measuring for a jiu-jitsu gi is an important step in ensuring that you get the right fit. A well-fitting gi will not only be more comfortable to wear, but it will also make it easier to move and perform techniques. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to properly measure for a gi:
Measure around the widest part of your chest, under your armpits. Make sure the measuring tape is level and not too tight or too loose.
Measure around the smallest part of your waist, which is typically around your belly button. Make sure the measuring tape is level and not too tight or too loose.
Measure from the top of your inner thigh to the bottom of your ankle. This measurement is used to determine the length of the gi pants.
Measure from the top of your shoulder to the bottom of your wrist. This measurement is used to determine the length of the gi sleeves.
Measure your height from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. This measurement can be helpful when looking for a gi that is the right length for your body.
It is important to note that gi sizes can vary between brands, so it is always a good idea to check the size chart provided by the manufacturer before making a purchase. It is also good to know that many gi’s come in pre-shrunk cotton material but it is important to wash them before first use to prevent shrinkage.
It is also worth noting that many gi’s are cut differently, some brands have a shorter or longer jacket or pants, so it is always a good idea to check the measurements of the gi you’re interested in before buying it.
Make Sure It Has All of the Necessary Features and Accessories.
When selecting a jiu-jitsu gi, it is important to make sure it has all of the features and accessories that you require. Traditional Brazilian style gis usually have heavy duty patches on the sleeves, shoulders, collar and legs. The fabric should also be sturdy enough to withstand tough training sessions and light enough for you to move freely. Additionally, some brands offer extra accessories such as a reinforced drawstring waste band and reinforced knees for extra durability and protection. Consider these features when choosing your gi so you can find exactly what works best for you!
It is also important to double-check the sizing measurements of your gi. Different brands offer different fit styles, so take advantage of any pre-purchase sizing charts that are available online and make sure to try on a few gis if you’re shopping in store. You want a snug but comfortable fit that allows enough freedom of movement for grappling and rolling. Finally, do some research into reputable brands with great reviews from expert jiu-jitsu practitioners—you want to get the best bang for your buck and ensure you purchase a gi of the highest quality.
The importance of finding the right fit, including tips for adjusting a gi that is too loose or too tight
Finding the right fit for your jiu-jitsu gi is crucial for both comfort and performance. A gi that is too loose can make it difficult to perform techniques, as it can get in the way or even come off during training. On the other hand, a gi that is too tight can be restrictive and uncomfortable. Here are some tips for finding the right fit and adjusting a gi that is too loose or too tight:
- Make sure to take accurate measurements before purchasing a gi. As mentioned in the previous section, it is important to measure your chest, waist, inseam, sleeve, and height to ensure you get the right size.
- Try on the gi before making a purchase if possible. Many retailers have a try on option, if not, you can always order one and try it on, if it doesn’t fit, you can always return it.
- Check the size chart provided by the manufacturer. Size charts can vary between brands, so it’s always a good idea to check the size chart before making a purchase.
- Adjusting a gi that is too loose: If the gi is too loose, you can try tightening the drawstring on the pants and the belt. If the gi is still too loose, you may need to purchase a smaller size.
- Adjusting a gi that is too tight: If the gi is too tight, you can try loosening the drawstring on the pants and the belt. If the gi is still too tight, you may need to purchase a larger size. If the gi is too tight in certain areas, such as the sleeves or chest, you can try stretching the gi before wearing it.
- As you train in your gi and it becomes looser, you can always tighten the drawstring and belt again.
Overall, finding the right fit for your jiu-jitsu gi is essential for both comfort and performance. By following these tips, you can ensure that your gi fits properly and that you’re able to move and perform techniques freely.
Bjj Gi sizing chart
to make sure that your Gi fits perfect we have added the bjj gi size guide for different bjj gi brands.
The different brands might have a small variation it their bjj size charts so we included most of them.
Leave a comment if you need a Bjj gi sizing chart for the brand that we haven’t listed.
How much are jiu-Jitsu gis – Price and budget
When it comes to purchasing a jiu-jitsu gi, price can vary greatly depending on the brand, materials, and construction. On average, a basic gi can range from $50 to $150, while a high-end gi can cost upwards of $200. However, prices can vary greatly depending on the brand and features, it can be seen gi’s from $30 to $500.
While it may be tempting to purchase the cheapest gi on the market, it’s important to remember that you often get what you pay for. Cheaper gis may be made from lower-quality materials and may not be as durable as more expensive gis. However, there are many good quality gi’s at reasonable prices.
To find the best gi for your budget, it’s important to do your research and compare different brands and models. Here are some tips for finding deals and discounts on jiu-jitsu gis:
- Look for sales and discounts: Many retailers and online stores offer sales and discounts on gis throughout the year. Keep an eye out for these deals and take advantage of them when they come around.
- Check out second-hand gis: Buying a gi second-hand is a great way to save money. Many people will sell their gis after they have outgrown them or stopped training. Make sure you check the condition of the gi before buying it and ask the seller if it has been washed properly.
- Consider purchasing a gi package: Some brands and retailers offer gi packages that include a gi, belt, and other training gear at a discounted price.
- Join a gi group: There are many gi groups on social media, where gi’s are sold at very reasonable prices, often new and from reputable brands.
- Look for bulk discounts: If you’re purchasing multiple gis for yourself or your school, look for bulk discounts that many retailers offer
In conclusion, the price of a jiu-jitsu gi can vary greatly depending on the brand, materials, and construction. By doing your research and taking advantage of sales and discounts, you can find a high-quality gi that fits your budget. Keep in mind that a more expensive gi doesn’t always mean a better gi, and a cheaper gi doesn’t always mean a lower quality gi.
Read Reviews on Different Gis to See How They Perform in Practice.
It’s crucial to read up on reviews and testimonies of people who have used the specific gi you are planning to purchase. Doing so will provide an excellent source of reliable information about different gis and their performance in training sessions. Make sure to look out for mentions about material comfort, durability, breathability and fit – this will ensure that your choice of gi is truly beneficial for you!
Additionally, it’s also a good idea to look out for reviews from competitors of different weight categories. This can provide insight into what gi might perform best in a competitive environment. It is important to note that the material and construction quality of gis may vary based on their intended use. Look for those who have discussed their experiences with particular makes and models on different grappling platforms and forums for ultimate clarity about which one suits your purposes the best!
Compare Prices to Get the Most Value for Your Money.
It’s always a good idea to compare prices when it comes to buying your jiu-jitsu gi. This will help you narrow down what features work best for you in terms of quality and price, so you don’t have to overspend on something that isn’t right for you. Different gis also come with different price tags – so take the time to read up on reviews, compare materials and see which specific gi is the best fit for you.
To get the most value for your money, be sure to look for sales and promotions as well as free shipping. There are lots of online stores that offer deals on Jiu-Jitsu gis and martial arts apparel, so it’s always a good idea to shop around and compare prices before you make a purchase. You might also want to consider buying used gear from jiu-jitsu gi sellers. This is an excellent way to acquire high-quality gis at heavily discounted prices. Used gis can sometimes come with added bonuses like patches or other accessories that can help enhance your training without breaking the bank.
Conclusion on the best Jiu-Jitsu Gi
In this guide, we have discussed the importance of finding the right jiu-jitsu gi and the factors to consider when making a purchase. These include the materials and construction, fit and sizing, brand and reputation, price and budget, and care and maintenance.
To summarize the key points:
- It’s important to find a gi that fits you well, not too loose or too tight, and that is made of good quality materials that will last you long.
- Researching the brands and reputation, and looking for sales and discounts can help you find a high-quality gi that fits your budget.
- Proper care and maintenance is essential to ensure that your gi lasts as long as possible, this includes washing and drying your gi properly, folding it properly and repairing any damages.
In addition to this guide, there are many resources available for learning more about jiu-jitsu gis. Websites like BJJ Gi Reviews and BJJ Gi Guide are great places to find reviews and comparisons of different gis, and forums like Reddit’s BJJ community can be a great source of information and advice from experienced practitioners.
Ultimately, the most important thing when buying a jiu-jitsu gi is to find one that feels comfortable, fits well and is made of good quality materials.
With the right gi, you’ll be able to train comfortably and perform at your best.
Overview of the best Gi’s per category
best looking jiu jitsu gi
best quality jiu jitsu gi
best men’s jiu jitsu gi
best jiu jitsu gi color
best jiu jitsu gi for competition
best jiu jitsu gi for tall skinny
best jiu jitsu gis for kids
Paul is a 44 year old Online Marketeer and Dad to a beautifull daughter who started Judo and Japanese Jiu Jitsu.
After a few lessons Paul joined a class where the parents where allowed to go on the mat with the kids.
Since then Paul is hooked and he immediately started immerging himself in the world of martial arts.